Switch Account

how to remove malware 'cltmng.exe'

how to remove malware 'cltmng.exe'

Highlighted
Contributor ACIM66
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(3,775 Views)

Will Verizon Internet security suite (VISS) remove 'cltmng.exe'? If so, how do I go about it? If not, what other method can I use to remove it? Is there a reliable / safe and inexpensive way to remove the program? Will removing it from the Task Manager list of processes take care of the problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks loads!

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(3,759 Views)

@ACIM66 wrote:

Will Verizon Internet security suite (VISS) remove 'cltmng.exe'? If so, how do I go about it? If not, what other method can I use to remove it? Is there a reliable / safe and inexpensive way to remove the program? Will removing it from the Task Manager list of processes take care of the problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks loads!

Although cltmng.exe is considered by many to be malware, it is actually a browser plugin. So VISS probably will not remove it.  The link below provides removal instructions. 

To avoid files like this, anytime you download a program always read the fine print to see what addons are being included and uncheck the box.  This includes updates to some popular programs you want.

http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/cltmng-exe

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(3,748 Views)

To add onto the above post, try MalwareBytes and make sure it is set to remove Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) in the settings. It can help clean up Conduit once you try normal removal methods, Or. consider Revo Uninstaller.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.