i\computer set up
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are planning on replacing our computer with a new one.  Will I be able to set it up myself or will I need a serviceman.  I am already connected to verizon fios internet .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i\computer set up
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, normally there is no need for a tech to come out for the addition of a new computer.  Are you planning on using it wirelessly or hard wired to the router? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, normally there is no need for a tech to come out for the addition of a new computer.  Are you planning on using it wirelessly or hard wired to the router? 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you should not need a tech to come out, if you are hardwired then you likely will be connected right away once your pc and the router boot up.  

If you are wireless, then you will need to have the proper wifi credentials to connect.  you can find those on your router, on a sticker, and the Name of your network is labeled as the ESSID, and the password or passphrase is labeled as a WEP KEY

after you are connected and surfing.  you should go to http://activatemyfios.verizon.net, enter in your number and let it load the proper VZ software.  This last step isn't neccessary, but if you are used to the VZ logo's and icon's and want them back, this is a decent way to do it.