i would like to know when fious interent will be in my area
jvw330

i want to know when verizon plan's on installing fious Internet in my area, i'm very interested in getting it

thank you

John

0 Likes
Re: i would like to know when fious interent will be in my area
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello John,

This topic has been addressed in the FAQ board -- When is FiOS going to be available in my area?

Regards

0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1
A better answer : www.verizon.com/about/community/pa check out the fiber construction location PDF file and it will tell you precise places. It's also updated monthly.
Vumes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good answer. Every state should have a pdf file or something of sorts to let you know what areas are in the works at least. I like that file and could only wish that the Oregon page had something like that. I looked but sadly, nothing.

On a side note, KaLin, that is a very poor reference as that tells the OP only that he does not currently have FiOS at his location. If I recall, his question/comment was:

"i want to know when verizon plan's on installing fious Internet in my area, i'm very interested in getting it"

and not if it was currently available. Just another example of the great customer service that Verizon provides.

0 Likes
bigdaddyfios
Enthusiast - Level 2
{please keep it relevant}
Message Edited by KaLin on 04-27-2009 10:04 PM
0 Likes
goyanks
Enthusiast - Level 1
A better answer : www.verizon.com/about/community/pa check out the fiber construction location PDF file and it will tell you precise places. It's also updated monthly.

- I tried to log into the Rhode Isand community site and no FTTP FiOS construction pdf was found any word on when it will be posted on the site or can someone refer a site to me stating the construction/plans to install fios in Rhode Island?

please and thanks to all

bigdaddyfios
Enthusiast - Level 2
{please keep your posts courteous and on topic to the issue at hand}
Message Edited by KaLin on 04-28-2009 08:42 PM
0 Likes
Vumes
Enthusiast - Level 3

@bigdaddyfios wrote:
{please keep your posts courteous and on topic to the issue at hand}

{edited due to edited quote}

Verizon, again, when will you have something that will show future dates of areas that are being worked on? Put a disclaimer on it if you must, but give people hope. They are wanting to spend the big money with you, they want to deal with your billing issues, your lack of customer service, and you STILL, don't seem inviting by giving them a glimpse of hope/light on the horizon. Wake up Verizon, potential customers want to see if your services are in their future....

Message Edited by KaLin on 04-28-2009 08:43 PM
0 Likes
Xaneth
Also the PDF returns a 404.
0 Likes
Re: i would like to know when fious internet will be in my area
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Vumes wrote:

Verizon, again, when will you have something that will show future dates of areas that are being worked on? 

The short, sweet, and straight to the point answer is. Never.  Verizon does not publicize the fios rollout. In most cases not even the front line agents on the phone know more than a day ahead of time. Verizon says that they do this to keep the competition from going out and flooding the areas with long term contracts. That PDF file is nice, but it doesnt give any kind of timeline. all that means is that is where they plan to put fios in the future. it could be tomorrow, it could be 10 years from now. The only "official" word that I've been able to find is a press release that was done when fios first came out in Texas that said (and I'm paraphrasing because I cant find my copy of it). "Verizon plans on having fios in 75-80% of its footprint by the year 2025". Unfortunately we cant get anyone to nail it down more specific than that. Although one good rule of thumb that seems to be pretty accurate is that when you see verizon construction in the neighborhood putting in fios. Wait for them to finish and clean up and disappear, then it should be ready for sale about 6-8 weeks later.

0 Likes