iOS SSID HIDDEN ROUTER WIFI NAME ACCESS SETTINGS AND ALSO VPN SERVICES
Familyforum

Security issue. I turned off my ssid setting for transmitting router access name of signal.  It’s viewable in settings menu of iOS.  example, If it’s called Fios-hnmqwe123, then I should only see Fi...23, in settings, just like you do for Id verification, when asking for completing an email address to fill in those dots of a recognizable email address, that Usually shows first 3 and last three letters of address.  my Verizon Fios router SSID, was turned off through my Apple. I turned on my Verizon tv cable box, which has an ont bridge from the router, and going into my Fios, Tv menu, 1 button press in, I’m looking at Ssid router signal names.  Which were set to be hidden In iOS, iPad iOS, and Mac OS.  That means anyone can turn on a tv or Access cable box and see The apple’s hidden ssid‘s.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iOS SSID HIDDEN ROUTER WIFI NAME ACCESS SETTINGS AND ALSO VPN SERVICES
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A hidden SSID for matters of security is really pointless. Just like WEP encryption, and MAC filtering. All three can be cracked in seconds. There are plenty of utilities out there that can get that information. You best thing is to have a strong WPA2 password. 

View solution in original post

Re: iOS SSID HIDDEN ROUTER WIFI NAME ACCESS SETTINGS AND ALSO VPN SERVICES
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A hidden SSID for matters of security is really pointless. Just like WEP encryption, and MAC filtering. All three can be cracked in seconds. There are plenty of utilities out there that can get that information. You best thing is to have a strong WPA2 password.