Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

iPad suddenly will not connect

SIBLY
Contributor
Contributor

iPad suddenly will not connect

Message 1 of 2
(1,375 Views)

Maybe its the iPad, but suddenly last night i can't connect.  In safari I get 'safari cannot open the pase because it could not connect to the server'.  other apps that need to connect also do not work.

I have the old actiontec mi424-wr router.  I went into the router and ran a ping test for the ipad and it passed.  so it is connected and working.  I tried power cycling the router, no change.  The wifi appears to be very strong according to the display on the ipad.  I'm in the same room with the router.

I looked at the router security log and see this on my latest attempt.  I do not know what to make of this.  I tried

Oct 6 09:42:17 2014 Inbound Traffic Blocked - Spoofing protection UDP 192.168.1.6:5353->{edited for privacy} on ixp0 [repeated 4 times, last time on Oct 6 09:42:24 2014]
Oct 6 09:42:16 2014 Inbound Traffic Blocked - Default policy TCP 208.71.42.215:993->{edited for privacy} on ixp0
Oct 6 09:42:15 2014 Inbound Traffic Blocked - Default policy TCP 31.13.71.33:443->{edited for privacy} on ixp0

what else can I look at?

1 REPLY 1
SIBLY
Contributor
Contributor

Re: iPad suddenly will not connect

Message 2 of 2
(1,367 Views)

Argh, apple and their stupid users lol. Smiley Wink  I thought I had restarted the ipad as well but it seems I was not restarting the ipad correctly.  Did that, all works.  Oh well, maybe this will help some one else.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.