iPhone
cash

Bought my wife an iPhone...we have Verizon bundle with internet, TV, land phone.  Her wireless laptop is with AT&T, which is what our cell phones are with.  She is having a frustrating time getting WI-fi connected to her iPhone.  It asked to choose a network and gives a choice of LOXY3, which is on her laptop; however, it shows a "lock" by LOXY3. She doesn't know how to unlock it.  She has a choice of joining "other" network, but when it asks for network name, it won't accept "Verizon" or "verizon.net"....she is very, very frustrated and has been to the AT&T store 3 times in the past few days.  Is it possible to get the wi-fi connected on her iPhone without so much hassle?  She says the folks at AT&T are "helpful to a point," but then they go blank on further answers. Should we have not purchased an iPhone (which we can return), even though her wi-fi connection on her laptop is through AT&T?  Obviously, I'm not any help to her because I'm not computer literate.  I'd like to offer "the solution" if anyone out there has one!  Thanks.....

0 Likes
Re: iPhone
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Take a look at your verizon router. On the side of the router there will be a sticker with a bunch of numbers on it.

One of the numbers is an ESSID number.  This is the name of the wireless on the router. Tell your phone to connect to that network. It should have a lock symbol as the Verizon routers are secure networks by default. Once you tell your phone to connect to that network it should ask for the password. The password will be on that sticker on the side of the router. it is called the WEP key number. Its a 10 digit number containing numbers and letters from 0-9 and A-F. Once you enter this number you should be able to connect.