incorrect password
aftertherain

trying to set up my email accounts and keep getting this error

Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (mjmmoore09) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed
Server: 'incoming.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

i can access my email account just fine online but I've tried Windows live, Incredimail and Outlook Express getting this same error with them all.

Help!!

0 Likes
Re: incorrect password
KlassiK
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
aftertherain

No, still get the same error. i tried all 3 options. also tried changing the server port to 587 from 25 which i read about someplace.

thank you - not sure why verizon doesn't set up at least one email account before they leave on new installs - comcast did.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a portal partner on your account? If you are linked with Yahoo, then the servers are incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net instead of the normal ones.

If you're not partnered, you might try typing your password into a notepad then using copy-paste to log into the website with it. If it works on the website, then copy-paste it into your configuration. This makes it so you can actually see the password you are putting in, prevents typos from causing problems.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes