Switch Account

infected malware

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

infected malware

Message 1 of 8
(809 Views)

I have been receiving online notices to upgrade to Verizon Internet Security. I have declined simply for the reason that I have a very good and highly efficient security system in place. Ironically I got an alert from my security system the other day that an attempt was made to infect my computer with malware and the source was Verizon In-Home Agent. By some devious chance, this wouldn't be a despicable attempt by Verizon to enduce me to sign up for your security system? If so, I am very disappointed and outraged that Verizon would stoop so low. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it is highly ironic and will affect my decision when renewing my contract next Febuary.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: infected malware

Message 2 of 8
(804 Views)

It's called a false positive. In home agent isnt malware. What programs are you using?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 8
(772 Views)
Your Antivirus website has an area to submit false positives
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 8
(689 Views)

As SinCara said, a false positive.

Actually happens fairly often when Anti-virus software looks at other Anti-virus software.  It sees the files with the Virus signatures and thinks it sees a virus.  Most of these software eventually work out a way to recognize each others signature files so they don't calse these positives.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(654 Views)

when Kaspersky showed the infected malware it was In Home Agent.I don't know about false positive or any technical terms or whatever may be. I am just saying this is what they detected as the malware. I uninstalled InHome Agent and haven't had a problem since. Could it be possible that it was a trojan that infiltrated under InHome??

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(653 Views)

Im not using Verizon's antivirus software. I don't even activate Window's Defender as they all conflict with my Kaspersky Pure.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(648 Views)

I see I'm not the only one dealing with this.

See my Verizon post:

HELP McAfee Detected Trojan in Verizon IHA

Funny how my McAfee from Verizon and your Kaspersky are both detecting it as a Trojan.

I also don't use Windows Defender.

So, what does Hubrisnxs think now? Seeing as they are the only person who responded to my post.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 8 of 8
(634 Views)

I was finally able to get the suspicious IHA files uploaded to McAfee.

For further updates on this "Trojan" see my post Help McAfee Detected Trojan in Verizon IHA

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.