install of new quantum gateway cont connect to WAN
Castle117
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am trying to upgrade my very old Actiontec rev-E router (on a very old ONT /w cat5) with the new quantum gateway routuer. i have spent time on the phone doing all the unplugs/plugs, ONT resets and such. i have released my DHCP lease before turning off the old router. i have pulled the battery/AC for the ONT. i have bumped up the DHCP timeout to 5 minutes (from 90 sec) and still no connection.

the service guy will be out friday, i hope he doesnt spend hours trying the usual options i have tried.  i assume i may need a replacement router and/or ONT upgrade (very old, the size of a suit case).  

anyone have a better experence with upgrading an old Actiontec (rev-e)?  

p.s. i am also stuck at 25/25 speed but the main office has been upgraded! why would they sell me a quantum gateway if i cant get 50/50 or better yet? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: install of new quantum gateway cont connect to WAN
Castle117
Enthusiast - Level 2

tech had to install a new ONT and have his tech support scan my account to set some things to support the new router. i was told the ONT that he added will onlly support up to 75//75 and that to go above that i would need to upgrade to the high end ONT (only happens if you purchase 100/100 or above). 

at this point i rebundled with 75/75 and find that the range and speed of the new router is far better than the Rev E Actiontec i had. the cost for speend over 75/75 are a bit high now but in a few years it will come down when eveyone wants 500/500 lol. we trippled our speed, have much better wifi, and locked in a good price for 2 years. i guess that once i added the new router my account was flagged as able to upgrade to the higher speeds. 

resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Castle117 wrote:

i am trying to upgrade my very old Actiontec rev-E router (on a very old ONT /w cat5) with the new quantum gateway routuer. i have spent time on the phone doing all the unplugs/plugs, ONT resets and such. i have released my DHCP lease before turning off the old router. i have pulled the battery/AC for the ONT. i have bumped up the DHCP timeout to 5 minutes (from 90 sec) and still no connection.

the service guy will be out friday, i hope he doesnt spend hours trying the usual options i have tried.  i assume i may need a replacement router and/or ONT upgrade (very old, the size of a suit case).  

anyone have a better experence with upgrading an old Actiontec (rev-e)?  

p.s. i am also stuck at 25/25 speed but the main office has been upgraded! why would they sell me a quantum gateway if i cant get 50/50 or better yet? 

Selling you a new router has nothing to do with an increase in speed from your 25/25 service.  For that you will need to choose a higher speed tier and pay the extra cost..  Unless you go above the 75/75 speed tier the new quantum router buys you nothing as the Actiontec rev e could handle that speed.

As Friday is just about over did they manage to fix the issue?

Castle117
Enthusiast - Level 2

tech had to install a new ONT and have his tech support scan my account to set some things to support the new router. i was told the ONT that he added will onlly support up to 75//75 and that to go above that i would need to upgrade to the high end ONT (only happens if you purchase 100/100 or above). 

at this point i rebundled with 75/75 and find that the range and speed of the new router is far better than the Rev E Actiontec i had. the cost for speend over 75/75 are a bit high now but in a few years it will come down when eveyone wants 500/500 lol. we trippled our speed, have much better wifi, and locked in a good price for 2 years. i guess that once i added the new router my account was flagged as able to upgrade to the higher speeds. 

resolved.

0 Likes