Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

install of new quantum gateway cont connect to WAN

SOLVED
Castle117
Contributor
Contributor

install of new quantum gateway cont connect to WAN

Message 1 of 3
(1,311 Views)

i am trying to upgrade my very old Actiontec rev-E router (on a very old ONT /w cat5) with the new quantum gateway routuer. i have spent time on the phone doing all the unplugs/plugs, ONT resets and such. i have released my DHCP lease before turning off the old router. i have pulled the battery/AC for the ONT. i have bumped up the DHCP timeout to 5 minutes (from 90 sec) and still no connection.

the service guy will be out friday, i hope he doesnt spend hours trying the usual options i have tried.  i assume i may need a replacement router and/or ONT upgrade (very old, the size of a suit case).  

anyone have a better experence with upgrading an old Actiontec (rev-e)?  

p.s. i am also stuck at 25/25 speed but the main office has been upgraded! why would they sell me a quantum gateway if i cant get 50/50 or better yet? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Castle117
Contributor
Contributor

Re: install of new quantum gateway cont connect to WAN

Message 3 of 3
(1,207 Views)

tech had to install a new ONT and have his tech support scan my account to set some things to support the new router. i was told the ONT that he added will onlly support up to 75//75 and that to go above that i would need to upgrade to the high end ONT (only happens if you purchase 100/100 or above). 

at this point i rebundled with 75/75 and find that the range and speed of the new router is far better than the Rev E Actiontec i had. the cost for speend over 75/75 are a bit high now but in a few years it will come down when eveyone wants 500/500 lol. we trippled our speed, have much better wifi, and locked in a good price for 2 years. i guess that once i added the new router my account was flagged as able to upgrade to the higher speeds. 

resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 3
(1,233 Views)

@Castle117 wrote:

i am trying to upgrade my very old Actiontec rev-E router (on a very old ONT /w cat5) with the new quantum gateway routuer. i have spent time on the phone doing all the unplugs/plugs, ONT resets and such. i have released my DHCP lease before turning off the old router. i have pulled the battery/AC for the ONT. i have bumped up the DHCP timeout to 5 minutes (from 90 sec) and still no connection.

the service guy will be out friday, i hope he doesnt spend hours trying the usual options i have tried.  i assume i may need a replacement router and/or ONT upgrade (very old, the size of a suit case).  

anyone have a better experence with upgrading an old Actiontec (rev-e)?  

p.s. i am also stuck at 25/25 speed but the main office has been upgraded! why would they sell me a quantum gateway if i cant get 50/50 or better yet? 

Selling you a new router has nothing to do with an increase in speed from your 25/25 service.  For that you will need to choose a higher speed tier and pay the extra cost..  Unless you go above the 75/75 speed tier the new quantum router buys you nothing as the Actiontec rev e could handle that speed.

As Friday is just about over did they manage to fix the issue?

Castle117
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(1,208 Views)

tech had to install a new ONT and have his tech support scan my account to set some things to support the new router. i was told the ONT that he added will onlly support up to 75//75 and that to go above that i would need to upgrade to the high end ONT (only happens if you purchase 100/100 or above). 

at this point i rebundled with 75/75 and find that the range and speed of the new router is far better than the Rev E Actiontec i had. the cost for speend over 75/75 are a bit high now but in a few years it will come down when eveyone wants 500/500 lol. we trippled our speed, have much better wifi, and locked in a good price for 2 years. i guess that once i added the new router my account was flagged as able to upgrade to the higher speeds. 

resolved.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title