intermittent internet connectivity
ithinkalot

this last week has me at the point where i am seriously considering getting FIOS removed. there has been a multitude of issues, unfortunately i will need to provide some background.

we've had FIOS for about a year. and to be honest its been OK, we started seeing a few weeks ago that the main TV was pixelating some channels which was annoying, but as it was restricted to DIY tv etc, i kinda saw it as a bonus.

anyway about 10 days ago the internet starting dropping for no reason, coming back on about 30-40 seconds later. you can probably imagine this is really annoying.

so where are we now. 10 days later, we have 

new router,

new fiber to the house.

new ONT box outside.

tech has removed the OLD brighthouse amplifiers in the roof that should have been removed when the service was installed in the first place.

TV is now OK, but the internet is NO DIFFERENT.

now i'm obviously not letting this go with verizon but i have noticed something and i wanted to run it past the forum asee if anyone has noticed anything.

when the internet drops i can still ping my router, the routers default gateway, both verizon DNS servers, so i don't actually now believe i have lost connectivity JUST that name resolution is failing.

has anyone had a simiar experience? 

any malware etc that might be causing this?

this affects all the machine types that connect in our house, iphones / andriod / windows and linux, (so i'm not buying malware etc at this point)

cheers

0 Likes