JambonMalain
Enthusiast - Level 1
there should be an easy way to check this
0 Likes
Re: is there a fios internet outage in zip 20191 now
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's Network Status page was retired silently ages ago. If it exists, I don't even think it is updated. There is an easy way to check to see if an outage is occurring though. Check with a neighbor who has FiOS, and also check the status lights on your ONT, which will indicate what the potential problem may be.

0 Likes
Re: is there a fios internet outage in zip 20191 now
Sturm1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with a way to check online wether there are reported issues and service down in your area. Would be much more helpful. I've been down since 9pm EST last evening (in the 08753 zip code) and according to the tech on live chat I used last night while tethered to my cell was:

Raymundo(22:52:16): FSC reports per Construction, an unknown source hit a 216 count fiber while digging and covered up the damage. A locate crew and digging crew is en route to locate the exact location of the damage so that repairs can begin

Yet when I called about an hour ago, Verizon has no knowledge of such an outage and tells me they need to send someone out... on FRIDAY. Poor service here imho. As far as I see it, either someone is getting bad information or they just aren't in communication with each other.