issues with using new HDA server /bridge mode - basically using own router question
johny3
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi all

I previously tried using an older nighthawk router with the fios router in bridge mode and I thought it worked for a short time. I then got a newer fios router and never tried to set it up again.

I am attemping to use an hp enterprise server with amahi on it to run basically as my router along with doing plenty of other things.

Basically, it boils down to the issue of not using the verizon router. In trying to do this, I wonder if my request to move from coax to ethernet was never performed by verizon. 

Currently my router g1100 has coax and ethernet from the ONT plugged in. Am I supposed to still have coax plugged in if the ONT is using ethernet?

I am capable of putting the g1100 into bridge mode, releasing the dhcp, etc but it seems to not work. While trying to figure it out I realized that without the coax plugged in, the prior setup did not work, leading me to believe I have not actually moved over to the ethernet setup.

Any help would be great, thank you.

0 Likes
Re: issues with using new HDA server /bridge mode - basically using own router question
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have FIOS TV too?

I believe that you can have either Moca or Ethernet connected to the ONT - not both.

0 Likes
Re: issues with using new HDA server /bridge mode - basically using own router question
johny3
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks, yes we have fios tv along with the internet.  I fed the ethernet back to the router from the server because of it.

Of note, the server did correctly set up per an email from amahi

0 Likes
johny3
Enthusiast - Level 1

i realized i did not address your comment. The moca if not plugged in gives an error.

0 Likes