Switch Account

keeping @gte.net email address

keeping @gte.net email address

Contributor Manuel
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(11,359 Views)

I have Verizon dial-up and still have a @gte.net email address.  Is there anyway I can keep that when I move to FIOS or will I be forced to get a @verizon.net address?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(11,356 Views)

Billing should be able to add FiOS service to that account with no problem. It is common, though, for them to "accidentally" create a new account instead. If this happens, Tech Support should be able to do a process called a "scrub" - This takes your old account info and overwrites the new account with it, effectively giving you FiOS service with your old account. The only problem is that this process can take a long time, so it is faster to have Billing just add FiOS to the existing account instead of creating a new one to begin with.

Hope this helps!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 3 of 3
(11,298 Views)

I can arrange that scrub for you.. just send me a private message if/when needed.

Kevin
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.