Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

labor charges??

HappyBunny
Contributor
Contributor

labor charges??

Message 1 of 3
(468 Views)

Just had new service installed and my internet wasn't working after 10 days. Got an appointment a couple of days later with an agent and she NEVER MENTIONED there would be a labor charge!! Why are you charging your customers to fix something that is your responsibilty? Technican came and within minutes said the router just needed an update file. Now I have a charge for $137 for labor. This is ridiculous. I would like a refund or my service cancelled. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: labor charges??

Message 2 of 3
(444 Views)

This is a peer support group.

You'll get a much better reaction by contacting customer support.

nla1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: labor charges??

Message 3 of 3
(417 Views)

Hey there, I recently had the same issue too and to my surprise, you and I are not the only one encountering these charges. Just browsed around the forum for a bit and you would notice a lot of people are getting these fees too. Mine was about an outlet did not get installed properly during the first time installation. I brought this concern up to the customer support already. It appears that whenever a technician "comes inside" your house for any maintainance services regardless whether it was Verizon's faults or not, they will charge you a labor fee if you do not have some in-home maintainance plan. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title