lack of support keeps going
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm now at 6 days and counting trying to get my internet service restored to the speed I'm paying for . 7 calls to c.s., 5 supervisors, 6 different stories about what's wrong and what they are going to do about it. 2 posts here that were closed to handle " privately" with no response to the complaints I filled with the link the mod. Provided. Now tonight the c.s. I spoke to finally attempted to fix the problem, the first time ANYONE from Verizon has attempted these steps. After he tried to reset my connection from their side, he said they would be sending a new router out. Note I get to wait another 5 or 6 days with up to 2Mbps speed, and most of the time half that speed, instead of 15Mbps. If anyone from Verizon had done what this rep. did my problem might have been resolved in a couple days instead of closer to two weeks.

I used to think my local cable providers customer service was the worst I had ever dealt with,  but when their speed went down it never took more than 2 days to get it restored. Verizon has set a new standard,  it will be at least 11 days, and if its not just the router, even more. 

No help, attempts at up-selling services, rude c.s. staff (not all of them, but one is too much),  no real complaint system,  and no one from the company cares because they know customers have very few options for internet service. I know this will be moved to obscurity shortly because it undoubtedly violates the terms of the forum by shining a negative light on the way Verizon conducts business buy hourly it will help a few people first.

0 Likes
Re: lack of support keeps going
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, the c.s. agent that was sending me a new router because the outrage in my area had been fixed lied. I got a call on fri. 2/1 from Daphne, the supervisor I spoke to on the 28th. She called to inform me that there was still an outage in my area, despite what they told me the night before.

Add of this writing (2/4,  10:30am) I am still not getting the connection I'm paying for,  less than 1Mbps download speed last night,  this morning download was great @17Mbps,  but upload was around 1Mbps instead of 5,  and if the last 10 days of this are an indicator, the download speed will drop to unusable at any moment.  

The only consistent in this is Verizon doing nothing to repair the problem.  They keep saying they are working on it, but how, in a major metro area does it take 10 days to find and fix a problem?  The service WAS working,  so maybe look at changes that you made shortly before the problem started? The crew that was working in my alley for 2 days shortly before the problem may have caused this, but has anyone come out and physically checked the lines? Not from what I've been told. I really thought this was their way of pushing purple of their service because they are shutting it down, but I've seen three installer trucks in my neighborhood this morning.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello acras,

It appears that your issue is being handled through our private support portal. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue on your private support case as the support agents will not see the public boards.

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
ohhVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you happen to be from the MA/RI area? I'm having the same issues

0 Likes
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I'm in southern California, s/w Los Angeles. 

0 Likes
ohhVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess this problem spans the whole US, As I see people from PA and NY and now CA having these issues....hmm

0 Likes
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi AnnieS,  bit to be rude, and i don't believe that is you doing this,  but i think you confuse "being handled"  with " being tucked away given the appearance of being handled".  There has been no contrac from anyone since you moved my first post to private and I responded to the  link provided. It really doesn't matter if the support agents see the public posts,  because it doesn't seem that they see the private posts either. I'm posting about the terrible service Verizon gives its customers here so that the public who comes here can see the treatment, and to know that they are not alone if they are having similar problems.

0 Likes
acras
Enthusiast - Level 1

How many Verizon service techs does it take to restore service to their customers? At least one more than they are using. 

Well, I got a call from another dept. Within Verizon this afternoon, resolution dept. or some other mislabled department. The man who left the message left a phone number for me to call back so they could "look" at the problem. Problem is that no one answers the number it goes to voicemail. I left a message, to his credit, he did call back,  but I can't sit around all hoping to get a call,  I have to make a living so that I can pay for services I don't receive. I also got an automated message from Verizon telling me service had been restored,  but when I got home and tested, while an improvement, still not what I'm paying for or what I had prior to the problem. 

0 Likes