lag in games how to reduce it
wowfreak

currently have two pcs that constant game since upgrading to fios and even upgrading the plan from 50 to 150 we are experience between 200-500 ms lag which greatly effects gameplay. it has gone down since upgrade but 150 megabitspersecond is a lot of just 2 gamers. this is also taking in consideration that with another internet company with only 100 mbps we had no lag. I am also using ethernet cable which is suppoes to reduce lag that you would normally get with using wi-fi's limited bandwith.

0 Likes
Re: lag in games how to reduce it
jonjones1
Legend

No no no....!

anything over wifi will never get better than 50% of listed speed and in most cases even less.

totally dependent on devices used and just how congested your home network is (wired or wifi) and on the internet stability when accessing it.

the claim of having no issues at 100 is doubtful if you claim that the higher speeds are showing spikes.

I would restart the router and also restart the game console to set it fresh and try the game again.

I prefer not to play online games and simply used a Nintendo which my wife and I use to play one on one (she loses) 😀

0 Likes