Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

limited connectivity on wireless laptop?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

limited connectivity on wireless laptop?

Message 1 of 2
(2,014 Views)

So recently I had just bought a new laptop and for a while it worked fine with the internet. However a day or two, the interent became very slow and often says "limited connectivity". It even shows that it has strong strength (always 5 bars). When it does say limited connectivity, sometimes im not even able to go on internet. If i disconnect and connect again, it would work fine for about 15 minutes but once again say limited connectivity. I don't know what is happening since all the other computers in my house are working fine with the wireless. There is 1 laptop, 1 desktop and 1 tablet (which we barely use). All of them work fine.

I called verizon before but they just said something is wrong with the router and we would have to reset it. But i really dont want to go through the hassle of resetting it again. Please help?

I have the Dell Insprion 15R laptop, windows 8

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: limited connectivity on wireless laptop?

Message 2 of 2
(1,960 Views)

Given that all your other devices are working properly it seems the problem is with your new laptop, not with your router.

As a troubleshooting step you might try connecting your Dell to your router via Ethernet.  If that works properly I would suggest you look to Dell for help troubleshooting what's wrong with the wifi service in your laptop.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.