lost internet
RussLisa

I keep loosing my ineternet every time the phone rings  or i call out  anyone eles having this trouble seems no one at Verizon knows how to fix it

0 Likes
Re: lost internet
Justin46
Legend

@RussLisa wrote:

I keep loosing my ineternet every time the phone rings  or i call out  anyone eles having this trouble seems no one at Verizon knows how to fix it

My guess is that you are using a (probably somewhat old) cordless phone and using a wireless connection for the internet. If so, it is probably a 2.4GHz model, which is transmitting on the same frequency as the Verizon router and thus interfering with your wireless internet connection.

You can log into the Verizon router and change the channel: 1, 6 or 11 usually will work best. Try one, if the problem still exists, try another. FWIW, my experience is tha channel 1 works best for me.

I have no way to know which Verizon router you have, but if it is an Actiontec the procedure would be:

1) Log in (name is probably "admin" and password is probably the serial number of the router unless you have set them previously)

2) In the list on the left under My Router, click on Change Wireless Settings

3) Find the channel number entry and set it.

4) Scroll down the page and click on the Apply button.

If you have a different router you will need to find the manual or maybe just log in and look around, it should not be difficult to find the info.

That should fix it. If it doesn't, give us more info about your setup.

Keller, TX 76248