m website in Verizon's Site Builder can't be crawled by Google-server connectivity problem-
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I made a one-page website in Verizon's Site Builder program, then "added my site" at Google. Google says it can't crawl it.  Don't know if crawling is necessary but seems good to have it working regardless. Google says there's -server connectivity problem-.  Would that be Verizon? (I purchase FIOS)

I have another website made in same Verizon program & don't have a problem with it at Google. It's almost identically made, & also one page.  So why the difference?. 

Anyone know how to fix or understand this?  How to correct server connectivity problem?  or how to reach Verizon support service about this?  (no support is available at Site Builder) .  

FYI, the -add a site- & website tool dept. at Google is called Webmaster Tools. Free tools for websites. 

I'm so disappointed all my efforts contacting tech supports at Verizon hasn't offered concrete answers. They pass me on to other depts.  one after another...

Would appreciate direction with this. Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my website in Verizon's Site Builder can't be crawled by Google-server connectivity problem-
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've gotten a response, and it would seem that since my webpage comes up fine when typed in browser, that there isn't anything more that Verizon can provide.  That it would be on Google's end to assist.  But Google says there is a server connection problem.

In the end, the website seems to work fine and I'll leave it at that.  And for whatever crawling provides, I guess I will pass on that.

thanks for the response.

also,  the area for == private support messages == can be located below your post via your profile page. (i think that's how it works.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Where is " private support area " ?
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does it mean when this statement is marked below one's inquiry on this forum?

-- This message has been resolved in a private support area. --

Where is private support area?

And it is not in -- private messages --.  I checked that area and nothing there.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: my website in Verizon's Site Builder can't be crawled by Google-server connectivity problem-
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've gotten a response, and it would seem that since my webpage comes up fine when typed in browser, that there isn't anything more that Verizon can provide.  That it would be on Google's end to assist.  But Google says there is a server connection problem.

In the end, the website seems to work fine and I'll leave it at that.  And for whatever crawling provides, I guess I will pass on that.

thanks for the response.

also,  the area for == private support messages == can be located below your post via your profile page. (i think that's how it works.)

0 Likes