Re: mail servers
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
I finally got it working ok. For some reason the verizon mail servers would not accept my password. I did a password reset and now it seems to be working ok. My sincere thank you to you all for your help. 
0 Likes
mole

I am also having trouble setting up mail in my iMac with Verizon Fios. When I try to send mail I get this message:

cannot send message using server outgoing.verizon.net 

The sender address..........was rejected by the server outgoing.verizon.net

Any ideas would be appreciated. I really want to be able to email from iPhotos 

0 Likes
mole
Well, we are half way there. Thanks to your help, I can now use my Apple mail, but now my mail is not showing up in my Gmail account. That has been setup to show all mail sent to my verizon.net account. That all seems to be going to Apple mail and bypassing Gmail. How do I get emails to show up in Gmail and Apple?
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Not really sure how everything is setup with gmail but it might be an issue with Apple Mail settings.  Check to see if there is an option to leave copies of your emails (messages) on the server. 

Apple Mail might be grabbing the email from Verizon and deleting it after it takes it, before Gmail gets the email.  If you choose to leave copies on the server, it will just copy the message without deleting it.  Dunno if that will solve the issue -- but worth giving a shot.

0 Likes
mole

Wouldn't you know, both Gmail and Apple mail are both working fine now along with Fios mail. My mail runneth over.

Thanks again for your help 

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Nice!  Gotta love technology when it auto-magically works.
0 Likes