mail servers

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: mail servers

Message 11 of 16
(6,527 Views)
I finally got it working ok. For some reason the verizon mail servers would not accept my password. I did a password reset and now it seems to be working ok. My sincere thank you to you all for your help. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 12 of 16
(6,369 Views)

I am also having trouble setting up mail in my iMac with Verizon Fios. When I try to send mail I get this message:

cannot send message using server outgoing.verizon.net 

The sender address..........was rejected by the server outgoing.verizon.net

Any ideas would be appreciated. I really want to be able to email from iPhotos 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 13 of 16
(6,364 Views)
Well, we are half way there. Thanks to your help, I can now use my Apple mail, but now my mail is not showing up in my Gmail account. That has been setup to show all mail sent to my verizon.net account. That all seems to be going to Apple mail and bypassing Gmail. How do I get emails to show up in Gmail and Apple?
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 14 of 16
(6,341 Views)

Not really sure how everything is setup with gmail but it might be an issue with Apple Mail settings.  Check to see if there is an option to leave copies of your emails (messages) on the server. 

Apple Mail might be grabbing the email from Verizon and deleting it after it takes it, before Gmail gets the email.  If you choose to leave copies on the server, it will just copy the message without deleting it.  Dunno if that will solve the issue -- but worth giving a shot.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 15 of 16
(6,327 Views)

Wouldn't you know, both Gmail and Apple mail are both working fine now along with Fios mail. My mail runneth over.

Thanks again for your help 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 16 of 16
(6,323 Views)
Nice!  Gotta love technology when it auto-magically works.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.