Switch Account

mi424wr router

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

mi424wr router

Message 1 of 5
(1,026 Views)

so, i have the verizon mi424wr router and i am looking to get a new router becuase the mi424wr gets very hot 100+ degrees fahrenheit and the wifi speed and conetion on all devices are terible. Can i go out and buy any router or does it have to be a specific type? or do i have to use the mi424wr router?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: mi424wr router

Message 2 of 5
(1,006 Views)

if its the old 1st generation one you can just call tech support and let them know and they will replace for free since 1st gen are consider end of life and they will dropship a 3rd gen for you its a new request recently by verizon. if you want to buy one any with a coax outlet on it will work or ethernet which ever applys to your connection at home

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 5
(1,002 Views)

Ask for the M1424WR Rev I

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(971 Views)

I have the Rev I the one with the red band, just messured the temp and it was 106F

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(963 Views)

If you have TV service, it is recommended that you use a Verizon router.

If not, feel free to use any brand router.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.