moving Fios router?
ldb0605

Trying to find out if I can move my mom's Fios router from her home to a temporary location for a month or so while she's not living at home.  She's paying for wireless at her home, but since she isn't there, she is getting not use from it..  Tried relocating the router to the place she's staying, where Fios TV is included.  Have set up the router using a cable splitter, and the wireless green light flashes, her laptop picks up the signal,but it will not go to the internet.  Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: moving Fios router?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Unless someone is paying for FiOS internet at the location where you are placing the router, then it won't connect. The service has to be provisioned for the location in order to work.

0 Likes
Re: moving Fios router?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@ldb0605 wrote:

Trying to find out if I can move my mom's Fios router from her home to a temporary location for a month or so while she's not living at home.  She's paying for wireless at her home, but since she isn't there, she is getting not use from it..  Tried relocating the router to the place she's staying, where Fios TV is included.  Have set up the router using a cable splitter, and the wireless green light flashes, her laptop picks up the signal,but it will not go to the internet.  Ideas?

"She's paying for wireless"?  If you're referring to the wireless capability of the router, that's included at no charge.

If the place she is staying has FIOS-TV, then there is already an Actiontec router at that location because it is needed for the STBs to function.  That does not mean the location has FIOS internet.  Even if the location does have FIOS internet, the ONT can't talk to more than one router over the coax.