my wifi keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting!
umargul1122

I just recently got this new wifi router and I have been having this very annoying problem with it. So for example on my phone it will say that I have wifi but I'm getting no connection and on my PlayStation I'm playing a game and it said not getting internet and it kicks me from the game even though it says I have internet, like the connection bar is there and it says I'm getting full connection but I'm not getting internet. Another example is when I'm watching something on youtube it stops the video buffers for a bit then come back and plays it. This happens after every 4-5 minutes, and I know this is because of my new router because with my old wifi Verizon wifi router I had no problems. Somethings that I have tried to do is to change the channel on my router multiple times. I tried channels 6 and 11 which I heard gives you the best results but there was no difference. Something else that I have tried to do is to plug an ethernet cable from my router into play PlayStation yet it still kicks me from games says that I have been disconnected from the internet. Please help me cause this problem is getting too annoying. Thank you in advance. My Verizon router is a Fios-G1100

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my wifi keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting!
jonjones1
Legend

@umargul1122 wrote:

I Forgot to say that the router does give me internet at times but then after like 5-6 mins it just stop the connection then comes back which is very annoying.

first thing to do call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the router and then if they find an issue let them replace it.

then see if your service improves.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
umargul1122

I Forgot to say that the router does give me internet at times but then after like 5-6 mins it just stop the connection then comes back which is very annoying.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@umargul1122 wrote:

first thing to do call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the router and then if they find an issue let them replace it.

then see if your service improves.

0 Likes
JW210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same exact problem.  Verizon provided a new router, but problem is unchanged.  Calling them today to troubleshoot further.  Last resort, will switch to more reliable provider.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connecting via 5G?

Have you tried 2.4G?

If it is only 5G, there is already a thread on this issue.

It is an interaction between Quantum router and Android devices.

There is a fix that is imminent.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JW2 wrote:

Having the same exact problem.  Verizon provided a new router, but problem is unchanged.  Calling them today to troubleshoot further.  Last resort, will switch to more reliable provider.

And it will do no good to call on a known issue with no fix in sight as of yet.

it is a firmware update that must be done by Greenwave and pushed out by Verizon. It is not android/iOS or anything else. Some people had issues with google devices and a patch went out, others claimed their Apple devices also was causing the loss of 5 Ghz but most say they don’t have either and it still drops. That is a Quantum router issue nothing else to deflect it.

eventually it will get pushed out to the users of the Quantum routers.

mjsmith711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  My family is pushing me to get rid of Fios Internet.  I'm inclined to agree.  The issus is infuriating.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide more details?

Is it all devices?

Both 2.4 and 5G?

Does it matter which location device is in?

If you have a hardwired device, does it lose Internet access?

If you have an android device, download an app called wifi anaylzer.

It can help you determine if there is interference or low signal level.

0 Likes
LHill233

I have had techicions come to my home at least 14 times. Tech support keeps telling me there is nothing wrong when they connect. Never had these problems anywhere else I've lived. 

0 Likes
LHill233

I belong to an HOA and have no choice for a service provider. This service is ridiculous,

0 Likes