network password
shadd67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I just bought a Nextbook Premium 7 and I am trying to setup Wi-Fi on it. There asking for a " network password" where do I find that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: network password
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

If you haven't changed the wireless password on your router, then it should be on the service tag on the bottom of tour router.

There should be a "WEP KEY" followed by a 10 character password.

BTW, WEP security is easily broken.  You should change the wireless security level in your router to WPA2 (much stronger) and use a strong pass phrase.

View solution in original post

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

If you haven't changed the wireless password on your router, then it should be on the service tag on the bottom of tour router.

There should be a "WEP KEY" followed by a 10 character password.

BTW, WEP security is easily broken.  You should change the wireless security level in your router to WPA2 (much stronger) and use a strong pass phrase.

shadd67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, how do i go about changing it

0 Likes
shadd67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I forgot to mention that i tried using the WEP Key and when I try to connect it gives me an error that reads unable to connect to server

0 Likes
Pete1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you can't connect wirelessly, you'll need to connect with a cable to the router.

Once connected, open up your internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1

If you've never been there before the router will prompt you to create a user name and password.

Once you're at the main screen, click on Wireless Settings at the top, then click on Basic Security Settings on the left.

On this screen you can see and edit the name (SSID), and WEP key (network password).

After you make any changes, be sure to click apply at the bottom.

shadd67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I just went there and it is asking for a user name and password which i know that is the serial number. I ccant remember the user name

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

admin is user name

CSJx__________ is your password (serial number found on the upc bar code of your router. 

You can also get your network security or WEP key from visiting www.verizon.com/repair   and clicking on either 

Setup Wi-Fi on your Devices
Retrieve your Wi-Fi Security Key