Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
my old verizon fios router was shutting down at random times and rebooting itself. a huge pain when in the middle of gaming with friends on xbox live. so i called verizon and they said it sounded like i needed a new router and they would send one right away. the new router (an actiontec, dual stub antenna, red plastic ring) came in the mail today. i inserted the disc, hooked up all the wires. desktop connects to the net no problem. i inputted the new wep key into my laptop and phone and they also connect no problem. i go to plug in my xbox360 (wired ethernet) and the router doesn't even recognize that anything is plugged in. i tried resetting once already and nothing. i'll try it again but...what gives? anyone have any ideas?
If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!! http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Make sure the ethernet cable is connected to a Lan port (yellow port) and not the Wan port (white port). Does the light for the port it is connected to come on? If the light is not on, do a loop back test to check cable and port. Plug both ends of ethernet into the router. The lights for both ports should come on. If they do not the you have a bad router or cable.