new router -poker site cannot geo verify
wildcat12

I need help....I play poker on a site that allows players from NJ. I switched my Verizon Router in hopes that it would work better than the one I currently had, which did not give me coverage throughout my residence. since changing the router yesterday, I have been unable to log on to a popular poker site, as it says that it cannot geo verify my IP Address, which is hard for me to understand, as I am in LE and can determine an IP location within seconds. can anyone provide me any ideas which may allow them to verify my ip and my router

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new router -poker site cannot geo verify
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of these sites use public GeoIP databases that can take some time to update, if Verizon has never used the IP you were issued or if the address was reallocated from another area.

The fastest way to fix ththis is to try changing your IP address again. Leave your router off overnight and you should get a new one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you switch routers, it's possible your public IP address changed.  If the new IP address isn't recognized by your poker web site, you'll need to contact them to figure out why.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of these sites use public GeoIP databases that can take some time to update, if Verizon has never used the IP you were issued or if the address was reallocated from another area.

The fastest way to fix ththis is to try changing your IP address again. Leave your router off overnight and you should get a new one.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try running

http://www.whatismyip.com/ip-address-lookup/

It should tell you where your Ip address is located.

0 Likes
David03

Use this site https://dnschecker.org/ip-location.php, to check your IP address, and then contact the site, provide your IP address, they will solve your issue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes