new router
tiredandmad
Enthusiast - Level 2

bought a new router, M1424WR.  I talked to one verizon agent and was told to throw away the old outdated router.  My neighbor bought the same router and he was told they will send a return address label to send the old router back.  I never did receive a return address label for mine.  Do I throw away the oldr router or what?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new router
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming we're talking about a FiOS router here (not certain since you posted in the forum typically used by DSL users).  If the router was provided to you by Verizon and you didn't initially buy it outright yourself, then you'll want to return the router.  Once you have your new router installed, call up Verizon and tell them you'd like to return your originally supplied router since you purchased a new one.   They should send you a box with a return label inside in a couple of days.  Pack up and return the old router, remembering to get and save a copy of the drop-off receipt at the UPS store.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming we're talking about a FiOS router here (not certain since you posted in the forum typically used by DSL users).  If the router was provided to you by Verizon and you didn't initially buy it outright yourself, then you'll want to return the router.  Once you have your new router installed, call up Verizon and tell them you'd like to return your originally supplied router since you purchased a new one.   They should send you a box with a return label inside in a couple of days.  Pack up and return the old router, remembering to get and save a copy of the drop-off receipt at the UPS store.

tiredandmad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I takes to verizon and they told me not to send the old router  back.

0 Likes
tiredandmad
Enthusiast - Level 2

my neighbor down the street received a notice that his router was old and he bit the bullet to pay 60 dollars for a newer one.  The lady at verizon told him they will send a router free of charge.  He received a new quamtum router and was to send the old one back.    I had to pay 60 dollars for a  m1424wr.  What gives  he gets a free one and I had to  pay for mine.  I wish verizion would get their act together.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They pretty much don't want the older routers back, but sometimes they do.

I would always hold on to it in case they want it sometime in the future when you close your account.  Assuming its still working you can always use it for a few things such as providing service where your wireless and Ethernet wiring doesn't reach.