new setup
redplanet1
I am trying to set up my router. Wifi connects on my cell and tablet no problem but it only lets me go to fios gateway page. I try and go to other webpages and all the sudden no internet. The planet is red and the gateway page says the router isn't connected. Not sure what to do. Thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: new setup
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@redplanet wrote:
I am trying to set up my router. Wifi connects on my cell and tablet no problem but it only lets me go to fios gateway page. I try and go to other webpages and all the sudden no internet. The planet is red and the gateway page says the router isn't connected. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

Did you try using a wired device to the router?  From your description it sounds like the router is not connected to the internet.  What router is it? model and version?

0 Likes
redplanet1
I don't have a computer to try hooking up to it unfortunantly.
I have the verizon router FQG G1100 BHR4.
Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@redplanet wrote:
I don't have a computer to try hooking up to it unfortunantly.
I have the verizon router FQG G1100 BHR4.
Thanks for the reply.

Apparently you have a G1100 Fios Quantum Gateway.

Have you checked whether the router is getting an IP address?

To do this you would use a browser on your phone or tablet to sign on to it at address 192.168.1.1

On the firs screen under My Router the status should show that it's Ethernet connected with a valid IP address.

See this is first post - The planet is red and the gateway page says the router isn't connected.

No idea what the referral to the planet is red is meant to mean but presumably you are saying the status page is saying not connected..

Does your ONT show a status light green?

Did you try restarting the ONT?, disconnect the battery backup unit and then unplug the ONT wait a few seconds and then plug it back in and reconnect the bbu

How is the router connected to the ONT? Ethernet or MOCA (Coax)

0 Likes
redplanet1
Thanks for the help. By red planet I mean the indicator light on the router. It's shaped like earth. I think it is supposed to be green. I will try all this and report back. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It means that the router does not have internet service. Something is wrong with the connection from the ONT to router or your ONT is on battery backup which shuts down the internet.

0 Likes
redplanet1
Ok so on the ip address/gateway page it shows router status as no connection. On my ONT ethernet is not illuminated. Moca is blinking red. I just moved in and the ONT had already been installed so I'm not sure of the wiring situation. I disconnected battery and power ports and left for a few minutes. Same thing.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like the router is suppose to use Moca between the router and ONT. If you can bring the router to the ONT and connect the router to the ONT directly using the coax. If it connects the problem is in the wiring or splitter. If it does not you have either faulty equipment or the ONT is not configured correctly.

0 Likes