new subaccount
mustbjones
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just set up a new subaccount online. Then I went to set up my desktop mail application (the application is mail.app on OSX 10.5.6).  During the assisted setup procedure, after filling in the appropriate information it tried to connect to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net.  It failed.  Should I edit this to just incoming.verizon.net like my other accounts?  Why would it want to connect to yahoo?  Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: new subaccount
Techman28
Master - Level 1

the only time your going to use yahoo is if your portal is yahoo if its not and just verizon it will be incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net. The outgoing server does require Authentication and just use the same as the incoming server.

0 Likes
mustbjones
Enthusiast - Level 2
Not sure what you mean by "if your portal is yahoo".  Mail.app is like any other desktop mail client - Eudora, Outlook, etc.  I was able to edit an old account and everything is working correctly now.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mustbjones wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "if your portal is yahoo".  Mail.app is like any other desktop mail client - Eudora, Outlook, etc.  I was able to edit an old account and everything is working correctly now.
Some users have the Verizon Yahoo mail option. If you have the name@verizon.net like me, then it is as stated by Techman28.
0 Likes