no internet access with FiOS. World/Internet symbol on router not lit
slvrcvc22

I called verizon fios when my router's world/internet light was off and the tech helped me test my computer and connection and told me it was a defective router and sent me a new one. I've had this router for about 3 days now and the same thing happened again. could it be on verizon's end? I havent changed anything with my computer since i've had fios installed for the past 6 months with no problems at all. anyone have any ideas?

update: about 3 hours after not having the internet working it suddenly started working again. could this just be a verizon outage? is there a way to find that out? I would hate this to turn into a common occurance with verizon fios as I suspect the router was not the problem in the first place even though they replaced it.

0 Likes
Re: no internet access with FiOS. World/Internet symbol on router not lit
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

slvrcvc22 , I can check on our end see whats going on. Could you private message me you info. Thanks Brett

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@slvrcvc22 wrote:

I called verizon fios when my router's world/internet light was off and the tech helped me test my computer and connection and told me it was a defective router and sent me a new one. I've had this router for about 3 days now and the same thing happened again. could it be on verizon's end? I havent changed anything with my computer since i've had fios installed for the past 6 months with no problems at all. anyone have any ideas?

update: about 3 hours after not having the internet working it suddenly started working again. could this just be a verizon outage? is there a way to find that out? I would hate this to turn into a common occurance with verizon fios as I suspect the router was not the problem in the first place even though they replaced it.

remember there is a thing with Windows Vista and Windows 7 that turns off the router (coax wan).  so if it happened with the new one, that is also a possibility,   do you have ANY windows visa or windows 7 machines?

0 Likes
JJWalker

Did you try the In Home Agent? Should be an icon on your desktop - is a nifty little application that tries to fix connectivity and other issues from within.

If you don't see it on your desktop and want to be prepared for the next time, or are curious about all of the features (does a lot of stuff for TV and even FiOS Phone), check out http://www.verizon.com/inhomeagent

0 Likes