Re: no retention of long-time customers
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check gift card. Often it is for Verizon wireless.

And usually, the offer tpstates what type of card it is.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Nalini wrote:

Good luck with any kind of “deal” with Verizon.  I tried and only wasted my time.  So I signed up again at new rate, 30.00 more than before.  But wait!  There’s a 100.00 gift card!  It came today and it is not a visa gift card as in the past, it’s a Verizon “gift” card that I can use to pay my inflated bill.  This is one of the worst examples of indifference toward customers I have ever experienced.  

The card can be used via paying “one time payment” from the app or your web portal.

you select other, then from the drop down list select “other” “gift card “ it should then take it.

this has been discussed at dsl reports web site 

0 Likes
JP201811
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a long time customer over 8 years. FIOS had no interest in keeping me as customer.  They were planning on raising their fees and monthly charges and offered no discusounts. Just said their service is better. They were going to offer a slightly lower rate, but I would be missing more channels. Then the kicker is they decided to increase the top boxes to $12 per month. The same top boxes I've had for 8 years. But all of a sudden they are now more.  The technology is old, but yet the fee has increased.  Customer service reps are terrible.  I am calling Spectrum and switching. They are offerring better deals now. I will try them for a year and then I could always come back to FIOS as a new customer and get their better new customer rates. 

Dakine1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  I’m going to call and cancel my service since Comcast is offering the same gigabit service for the same price and I’ll be considered a “new customer”

jonjones1
Legend

Comcast is offering gigabyte service in LIMITED AREAS.

and its not asymmetrical. (Same speeds up and down)

i had a Spectrum salesmen stop by our home when i had them prewire our residence incase verizon played the old raise the rate on our gigabyte. We don’t use tv or phone.

i pointed it out about the speeds and he did say i was correct.

so if you do leave make sure it is gigabyte service.

0 Likes
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

I dropped Verizon Wireless for the same reason.

If there were other high speed options besides Comcast, I'd already be gone...

0 Likes
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

I still have Fios and Phone, for now, but T-Mobile offered $30/month flat rate for those over 55 and that includes taxes and fees.  Also, with the rebate and Free second Phone, I received two Galaxy S8's for a little over $100 back when they were the newest Samsung.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

http://community.verizonwireless.com 

although you jumped to the other guy verizon also has a 55+ plan, it was rolled out in certain places and its not broadcasted that often but they do have it.

it maybe available where you reside. 1-800-922-0204 

0 Likes
Bassman31
Enthusiast - Level 2

New FIOS customer here.  Starting to regret leaving Comcast.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable providers offer new customers better deals than for existing companies.

0 Likes