Re: no retention of long-time customers
jonjones1
Legend

@Bassman3 wrote:

New FIOS customer here.  Starting to regret leaving Comcast.  

You get a 30 day total customer satisfaction guarantee so you can always switch back if need be. In fact never sign contracts for these services. Pay month to month. Then just dump them and return to other services. This way you have leverage on consumer pricing.

0 Likes
maria4117

As of today 7/23/2019.   The same customer value or lack of exist.  New customers 300.00 vida tripple play 74.00.  I, interned 79.00.

Why would a long time customer stay with a company that shoes no customer appreciation.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because all of the cable providers do it. They know that once they have a customer, a lot of them won't bother to move when their contract is up.

0 Likes
ShepDad
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue is that there should be a limited look back period (say four or five years).  After that period, Verizon should "reset" your designation to be eligible for the new customer rates (but not the gift cards).

Doing this Verizon would recover the initial discount in years, 3, 4 (perhaps even 5) - this is called "getting well" after subsidizing the customer acquisition costs.

It also rewards the loyalty shown by the customer towards Verizon.  

This policy would reduce customer "churn."

jonjones1
Legend

A look back period is not required. Even with the gimmicks and rebates and lower costs associated with getting new customers, verizon and others are not losing money.

in fact they are making money hand over fist. The churn rates are factored in on the promotions. Much like cable the customers will keep paying and paying until a price point. Years ago i told TWC that if my free speed upgrade was not done as promised i would get fios. The tv portion was at $169 with internet at $40 i said enough and left.

people are afraid of change. My wife and I had fios installed but also had new cable lines installed just in case i want to switch. Verizon gave me a good rate on gigabyte service. No contract, with $60 discount that never gets removed (if they remove it i remove them) there was two discounts of $25 off each month for two years. After two years my $112 a month increased. I knew it would so no harm done. I don’t like the $2.49 NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge on the bill because its a bogus money grabbing ploy. But again i could get cable internet and save money but if verizon plays games with me they lose a customer.

considering verizon pays me dividends each quarter the price is nill. 

0 Likes
PoorService77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does that actually work, switching with a spouse?  

0 Likes
PoorService77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, did one week work?  We’re you able to retain your phone number?

0 Likes
PoorService77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you switch carriers?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes