Re: own router w/internet & tv
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes that's the right place. Also in that same settings menu should be a drop down to disabled the DHCP server. 

dollsey74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Change the IP to 192.168.1.2, disable the DHCP server, and turn off the wifi....got it! Thanks again!

dollsey74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just want to follow up on this and make sure I'm okay with proceeding. I've had Verizon enable the ethernet port on the ONT and the router is working fine. I've been looking at which router I want to purchase and I'm leaning towards a mesh router, such as this. However, since the router has only one LAN port, I need to purchase a 5-port switch -- something like this, because I have more than one device (including the Verizon router that I'll be using as a Moca adapter for the STB) that receives a wired connection. My question is this:

Will the STB experience any issues (e.g., with the guide, on demand, DVR function), if I employ this connection method -- STB connected to the Verizon router/Moca adapter via coax, Verizon router connected to the 5-port switch via Cat6 cable, 5-port switch connected to mesh router via Cat 6 cable? I.e., will having a switch between the STB and the mesh router cause any issues with the STB functions?

TIA!

Jason

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There shouldn’t be any issues with that setup. I have it the same way. The only thing I have connected to my router is my 16 port ethernet switch on the router’s port 4. Then my MoCA adapter connects to the ethernet switch. My cable spitter is also down there and then one of the  coax out ports connect to the MoCA adapter. Another coax out port leads to my family room set-top box VMS1100. 

dollsey74
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again for all the help!

0 Likes