Switch Account

packets blocked at B3373.BSTNMA-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net

packets blocked at B3373.BSTNMA-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net

Contributor trace_route
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(453 Views)

I have a server in the Toronto, Canada area which I cannot reach from my home FIOS internet(Boston area), but it is reachable from work.  A traceroute shows the packets being dropped at B3373.BSTNMA-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net (100.41.131.80).  Whom do I contact to get this fixed?  My home IP address was recently changed, which is probably why this problem just came up.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(430 Views)

Becareful on traceroute.

So devices are configured to not respond to traceroute.

Do a traceroute to google.com for comparison.

Can you post the traceroute? Make sure to erase any personal info when doing so.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor Mac50
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(375 Views)

Ever since the storm a few days ago there have been routing problems in the Boston area.  I live in Stoneham and cannot reach myneu.neu.edu, which is a Northeastern site. Northeastern has had similar complaints from other Verizon customers.  I have reported this to the FIOS support team via the dslreports.com  direct forum.  They asked for a tracert, which I supplied.  Have heard similar stories from others.

Contributor Mac50
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(349 Views)

They finally fixed the errant router.  From what I can tell anyone with a 100. IP address was having problems.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.