phones drop off wifi
scooter17

ever since we upgraded to fios gigabyte service, our android phones drop off the wifi ever 10-15 minutes. they stayed connected indefinately when we had a slower plan and we do not have this problem at work, at the Y, at church, or any other location we visit regularly. any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: phones drop off wifi
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you upgraded to the gig I'm assuming they upgraded you to the g1100 router? The wifi on it is terrible. Do you have internet only? I'd consider getting your own router. Or at the least getting a wireless access point and connecting that to your router and turning off the wifi in the g1100.

0 Likes
scooter17

However, the wifi works fine on our other devices: windows laptops, an iphone, etc. It seems to be something about zte phones or android.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you use the 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 5 will give faster speeds but less range. 2.4 will have better range but slower speeds. I've seen reports of people having issues with 5ghz on the g1100. Maybe try forgetting the 5ghz network and just connect to 2.4 and see how that works. 

0 Likes
scooter17

Good idea, but my phone has not even offered the 5G

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@scooter1 wrote:

Good idea, but my phone has not even offered the 5G

And many devices will not offer both.

the problem us the quantum gateway router G1100, you must dump it for a better router. Or place another router into access point mode, turn off the WiFi on the Quantum router and just use the WiFi on the other router that should be stable.

0 Likes