Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

popup window stops turning off of desktop

edk
Contributor
Contributor

popup window stops turning off of desktop

Message 1 of 2
(4,035 Views)

has anyone had a problem of a popup window appearing indicating 'verizon_McciTrayApp not responding' when turning off computer?  This seems to be an intermittant problem.

After spending many hrs with fios help and being xfrerred from one  office to another,  no one claims to even know what this executable does; one person told me that this may have something to do with the modem, but offerred no help  in correcting problem. Besides stopping my computer from turing off normally, my IE7 web browser seems to get slower and sometimes freezes

1 REPLY 1
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: popup window stops turning off of desktop

Message 2 of 2
(4,025 Views)
I remember this from last year.  McciTrayApp can be searched-for in google where you will see that it could have something to do with the verizon service point, or something (I did not just search in google again), OR it could be a virus.  Either way, it can be deleted from your computer with no ill affects, as I remember from last year.  There will be directions to remove it found in the google responses.
cjacobs001
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title