problems with gaming- MI424
bryand23

hi, I've been trying to set up my network to allow me to play world of warcraft on my PC-

i've forwarded all the necessary ports, and used a port checker to ensure that they're open on my end (i'm trying to play on a computer connected wirelessly, the router is on my dad's computer).

everything works fine when i plug in directly, but when i try to go wireless, it disconnects me everytime i try to log in.

browsing works just fine, and i have a strong signal, but when i try to login to the game, i get disconnected from my network completely.

my router, modem, and network cards are all up to date, i've established static ip's, etc.

i couldn't find much help from blizzard entertainment, so i thought i'd check here to see if anybody had any ideas.

thanks

0 Likes
Re: problems with gaming- MI424
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you opened the appropriate ports on your computer itself? Are you configured the same for your wireless connection as for your wired connection?

0 Likes
bryand23

yes, i've opened the ports on the router, and also on my computer in windows firewall. and yes, i'm using the same settings.

it works fine on my macbook- even before i opened the ports up.

but on my desktop, no luck

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the IP Address of your wired NIC?

#2 What is the IP Address of your wireless NIC?

#3 When you tried to forward using wireless, what IP Address did you try to forward to?

#4 When you said..

@bryand23 wrote:

the router is on my dad's computer

..what did you mean?

For example, his computer is using ICS (Internet Conncection Sharing).

^^

0 Likes