quantum router wireless laptop can't see wired xboxone at all
boonbrennan

I have a quantum router with the 150/150 plan. I have my laptop connected wirelessly and my xboxone connected via wire. When I try to connect to the xboxone via the xboxapp in windows 10, my laptop can't even see the xboxone even if I put the IP in manually. But if I connect my laptop via wire, it works fine. I really hope that Hetal and Sanket and the FBI and NSA are not hacking my **bleep** this bad.

Is this normal behavior for the quantum router to do this? Why would this work when my laptop is connected via wire but not wirelessly? Both systems are in the same 192.168 network AND can ping each other np with a low 2 to 3ms latency.

Please help. What the heck is going on?!

Thanks! 🙂

Edit: Somone posted this on another forum. Could this be true?

"It's not unheard of for routers to block traffic between the two. Or allow most traffic, but block multicast (which usually has the effect of blocking anything related to network discovery)."

0 Likes
Re: quantum router wireless laptop can't see wired xboxone at all
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have never had an issue.

I have devices that are wired and wireless (PC and printer) that can talk together.

0 Likes
boonbrennan

Ok thanks. I think maybe the fbi is trying to monitor that traffic and are having issues. So they just disable the functionaliy until their paid hackers find a way to crack it. Once they can watch what I'm doing, they will alow me to connect.

Paranoia is a **bleep** I tell you. Anyways it's odd that it works fine wired. Something is going on. I will mark the solution accordingly. 

Thanks! 🙂

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think blaming the "FBI" is going a bit far on this one haha.

By chance, do you have multiple wifi routers / repeaters at your location? The problem could be a mis-configured wireless access point thats creating a double NAT between the devices.

If you don't have any other routers though, then I would check any settings for the program your using to connect the laptop with the xbox. If your laptop can ping the xbox as you said, then that defiantely means the two devices can talk to eachother. Are there any settings in the program for using it over WiFi?

0 Likes
boonbrennan

XB1 was set to strict NAT. I fixed it and it's now in OPEN. Now I can connect it to my pc for streaming. Looks like it being in strict NAT caused the issue.

Thanks thanks for the help!

0 Likes