Switch Account

query on firewall ports - 55415 and 55380

query on firewall ports - 55415 and 55380

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(466 Views)

Hello, I just switched to FiOS and was setting up my firewall port forward preferences and noticed that the following were open for one computer (Mac) on home ethernet and not others.  Here are the ports

UDP Any -> 55415

UDP Any -> 55380 

Are they needed?  I had the comcast tech person do a remote lognn to my computer to tweak some router issue but that was resolved.  I assume this is what turned them on, but I want to minimize open firewall ports.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(457 Views)

Most likely not ... you probably have UPnP enabled on the router which allows local systems to instruct the router to automatically add port forwards applications deem necessary for one reason or another.  In general, you should always disable UPnP if you are concerned about security and pot forward manually anything which is needed for applications that need it (mmost don't need anything and will work around lack of UPnP, so you rarely notice any impact).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.