"Bundles with Verizon FiOS service are not available at your location at this time"
PatrickO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

We're looking to rent a house that is on a large piece of property in our town. This house has never been rented before and served as a guest house of sorts for the much larger house on the same property.  The owner of this larger house has Verizon Fios service, and the whole town is served well with Verizon (we're a suburb of Los Angeles so not in the boonies at all).  

Because this house has never had service before I am trying to figure out if we can get high speed internet there.  I looked online and it told me that high speed internet is unavailable and FIOS internet is unavailable at this time, but I don't know if this is something that is decisive or just because there has never been service at this house before so it doesn't show up online. 

My question is whether Verizon is able and willing to install FIOS internet  in this location--as it is only a matter of extending it ether from the main house (halfway to the street) or from the street itself.  

My wife and I depend on high speed internet for both work and entertainment, so this is a deciding factor in our taking this otherwise excellent house.  

The owner says that because she has Verizon FIOS it shouldn't be a problem to extend service to the other house, but I want to check to see if this is something that can and would be done.  

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. 

0 Likes
Re: "Bundles with Verizon FiOS service are not available at your location at this time"
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmm, seems like this is a tag-along of: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/quot-High-Speed-Internet-isn-t-availab...

Are you able to order services independantly? This is really sounding like a database issue at this point due to the fact that this was previously a guesthouse for a property. Does this new home have it's own postal address which was recently added to it, or is it tagging along such as "Building in back" or  "Apartment" to the original property? I bet ya you're going to need to speak to the Sales reps on the phone and ask them to put in a request to your local Engineer to have them qualify you for Verizon service,

0 Likes
Re: "Bundles with Verizon FiOS service are not available at your location at this time"
PatrickO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the answer.  It has it's own postal address, but hasn't been used as a residence for about 30 years or so. Calling definitely sounds like the best bet. 

0 Likes