Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

"Main" Wifi Network Not Connecting on Some Devices

Contributor
Contributor

"Main" Wifi Network Not Connecting on Some Devices

Message 1 of 4
(221 Views)

As of about 2 days ago, my iPhone is giving the message "No Internet Connection" when I try to connect to my main home wifi network. This did not happen previously. I am also unable to connect a new work Macbook to this network. Both devices will connect to the "Guest" network though. I'm wondering if anyone knows why they will not connect to the "main" network and if there is any concern with using the "Guest" network as my primary network on these devices. Both the "main" and "Guest" networks are password protected.

3 REPLIES 3
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: "Main" Wifi Network Not Connecting on Some Devices

Message 2 of 4
(213 Views)

Does your device name or NetBIOS name include special characters, such as spacebars?

Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(199 Views)

It does include a hyphen, which is how it was set up by Verizon. I have not changed that. Both the "main" and "Guest" are the same; one simply has "-Guest" added at the end so there are two hyphens in that device name.

Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Message 4 of 4
(185 Views)

Sorry for the confusion. What you are telling me are the SSIDs of the WiFi, not the device name. I am referring to the name of each wireless endpoint device, like your smartphone, labtop, and etc.

For an iPhone, you can find the device name by going to Settings -> General -> About -> Name.

Also, please give more information about your router. Is it a G3100 or a G1100?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.