resetting router restores 25/25 speed
bdgriff
I can't seem to track how long it holds, but whenever I run a speedtest it shows approx 2 upload and download speeds until I reset my router. It instantly jumps back to 25 and seems to work fine until the "next day" and it's back to the slower speed. It's not loosing connection, just remains slow until i reset. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: resetting router restores 25/25 speed
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on a Wired or Wireless connection?

0 Likes
bdgriff

Same with both wired and wireless. Verizon sending new router to try. Have had service for 3 months.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a good bet there's something up with the router. I'd give it a factory defaults reset (if you are not already trying that) just for kicks to see if that solves the problem, but it's possible the router you received was just a dud.

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

I have this exact same problem.

It's been running fine for months and now suddenly I'm dropping to 5/.25 speeds and it's maddening.

I've done the factory restore of setting to no avail.

Happens if wired or wireless connection. Mine seems to hold for a few hours and then drops down and I can not figure out what's triggering it.

What fix did you get (or did you? Do you still have the problem?)

My router is the Verizon FiOS Router (Model 9100EM) but being as its in the other room I don't have constant visibility of the LEDs. I just know when everything gets sluggish it's probably lost its mind and a reboot brings it all back (I gave up doing the speed test each time as it always came up the same regardless if I used the VZ speedtest or speedtest.net or whatever; results agree).

Glad I found this subject so I know I'm not losing my mind too   😉

tks...Dave in DFW Texas

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Roadking,

We have replaced your router and so far so good.  Please let us know if you have any addidtional issues.

Tonya C.

Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

Well, after nearly a week and running extensive applications and clients, I'm happy to report that the new router has solved the 25/25 issue I was seeing and also corrected a couple of other nuisance issues I had. The wireless coverage isn't quite as good as the westell was but I don't use it very often in that mode anyway..It's the network head here in the house and has 3 device direct in it along with the MoCA in another area for a subnet. So, I'm happy to report that all is well once again here and there was a note on the invoice that said not to worry about returning the old one as they don't collect them anymore and to find a local recycling which I shall. Thanks for all your help Tonya. Issue is solved AFAIC. Thanks again...Dave

0 Likes
spickel

I recently upgraded to 50/25 fro 35/35 when I renewed my Triple Play and now I'm having issues with the speed as well. I can tell when the speed is suffering. slow downloads from work. I reset the router and speeds are back where they should be. This is a weekly occurrence and it's getting to be very annoying. I have reset the router to its default settings several times with no resolve. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes