router configuration... help
tomandsalena

i'm trying to set up port forwarding for my home network.

i type in my ip address in the address bar of my browser and it brings me to a very simple verizon page asking for a username and password.

i've tryed all combinations of possible usernames and passwords, and nothing lets me in.

so what information do i use to log into it?

is there a way i can retrieve the password used?

0 Likes
Re: router configuration... help
Hubrisnxs
Legend

user name is admin,  password is the serial number found on your router (case sensitive, so all caps  CSJx_________)

also use these if you run into a problem

• How to enable BASIC Port Forwarding on the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router
  • How to Configure Advanced Port Forwarding on the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router
  • Re: router configuration... help
    Anti-Phish1
    Master - Level 1

@tomandsalena wrote:

i type in my ip address in the address bar of my browser and it brings me to a very simple verizon page asking for a username and password.

i've tryed all combinations of possible usernames and passwords, and nothing lets me in.

I can't login to the VZ router

viafax999
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

@tomandsalena wrote:

Might depend on what type of router it is.

The easiest way would be to reset the router to defaults by pushing and holding the button on the back of the router for 10 secs or so.

Then when you go the address 192.168.1.1 and if a westell you can enter a new userid and new password.  The actiontec may be the same depending on firmware.  At worst the userid will be adm and the password password which you'll have to change at first use.

0 Likes
    SoCalRenee
    Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue. Ended up using admin as user id, but neither password, password1 or my standard verizon pword would work.   I ended up clicking the change password link and setting one I would remember, and still using admin as the username. Once finally in, the info is options were very easy to follow.  Good luck

0 Likes
    viafax999
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

@SoCalRenee wrote:

I had the same issue. Ended up using admin as user id, but neither password, password1 or my standard verizon pword would work.   I ended up clicking the change password link and setting one I would remember, and still using admin as the username. Once finally in, the info is options were very easy to follow.  Good luck

Are you sure you're talking about the same thing?  There is no change password link on router access. 

The only way to change the password is to either login and modify the access password, which means you know the current password, or to push the router reset button on the back and then you will get prompted to enter a new password.

0 Likes