router keeps forgetting the correct wifi password
jb37101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

We've had FIOS internet for a few months. It's an Actiontec wireless router. Suddenly, for about once a day my devices (all Apple computers and iOS devices) will stop getting internet. Generally, they will show they are connected but won't work, then they ask me to enter the wireless password. But t will not accept the password, even though I know it is correct.

If I unplug the power to the modem and plug it back in, then it will accept the password. But it will happen again the next day.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: router keeps forgetting the correct wifi password
Ken_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi jb37101,

Sent you a PM. Let me know if it works.

Ken

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Please also try pressing and holing the reset button in the back for 15 seconds. This will factory reset the router and clear the connection tables.  If you are still having connection troubles please send me a private message.

0 Likes
six_one
I am also experiencing the same issue as jb37101 but more frequently. Connection will drop every 30-40 minutes. It is not limited to only my apple devices; PCs and Xbox also drops connection.
0 Likes
taswashere
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ken i am having the same problem. I have the Verizon MI424WR router. What would be your suggested fix. It gets old having to turn off and on the router when I need a signal. Thank

0 Likes