router password not working
jhil1234

i try to type in router password and i hit 1 key and it types like 3 i tried this on 2 different computers and it does same thing why is this happening?

0 Likes
Re: router password not working
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1
smokeybandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any way to disable this?

That's probably one of the most annoying, unneccessary security features I've ever seen.

If someone can guess my password based on knowing how many characters I've typed...that's my own fault.

If someone's got a keylogger installed on my computer...then I've got a lot more serious issues.

prisaz
Legend

@smokeybandit wrote:

Is there any way to disable this?

That's probably one of the most annoying, unneccessary security features I've ever seen.

If someone can guess my password based on knowing how many characters I've typed...that's my own fault.

If someone's got a keylogger installed on my computer...then I've got a lot more serious issues.

No way to change this. It is in case someone is looking at your screen when you type. Just type the password and ignore this.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@smokeybandit wrote:

Darn right.

While that is a problem: IF UPnP is enabled in the router, all someone has to do to allow users from the net to connect to their computer is:

#1 Download an UPnP Aware app.

#2 Configure their software firewall to allow that UPnP Aware App, as need be.

#3 Configure their OS to allow, as need be.

#4 Configure their software firewall to allow that UPnP, as need be.

--

All without ever needing to know the current user name and password of the router!

--

0 Likes
Achillez14

I have reset my router twice now n still both admin/password n admin/password1 aren't working.when I enter the info and click ok,it takes me to a screen saying the page cannot be found.when I hit enter instead it leaves the admin username n wipes out the password n says login failed.

I've tried everything these forums n others have said n nothing has worked.....????

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you reset your router, then you should not have seen a login screen,    you should have seen a change password screen.  

If you did not see this screen, then you did not do it right.

Do it again, but this time hold the reset button in for at least a 15 second count (1, one thousand, 2, one thousand etc...)

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's likely your password was reset to match the router's Serial number, so give that a try. Verizon has been doing that to their FiOS routers for the past year and a half.

0 Likes