router signal
macys71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gotten conflicking answers on signal. Have Actiontec router, verizon store told me if I buy the new quatamun it will NOT improve my signal, true or false. Can I buy an extenter for actiontec unit? Thank You

0 Likes
Re: router signal
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Will do very little to improve signal.

You will get 5ghz service that is faster but has less range.

Extenders work on either router.

Re: router signal
jonjones1
Legend

@macys71 wrote:

I have gotten conflicking answers on signal. Have Actiontec router, verizon store told me if I buy the new quatamun it will NOT improve my signal, true or false. Can I buy an extenter for actiontec unit? Thank You

The best way to avoid any use of either the Actiontec or Quantum routers is to buy a high end router like a Netgear or TP Link Archer or Linksys with the Verizon router used only for dhcp. 

The with the high end router in Access Point Mode you will have that assign ip addresses to your devices and will have much better range with WiFi .

You then turn off WiFi on the Verizon router and you will see a gazillion times better coverage. My Nighthawk shows my WiFi way down my block 300-400+ feet or better.

but I live in the suburbs and not directly in the city so that may be why I have a great connection.

0 Likes