router
kirkgost1

I have a  second house and the router keeps shutting down all the time.

The only way to get it back on line is to unplug power and plug back in.

this has been going on for 2 yrs now

PS have tryed another router still NG

0 Likes
Re: router
jonjones1
Legend

@kirkgost wrote:

I have a  second house and the router keeps shutting down all the time.

The only way to get it back on line is to unplug power and plug back in.

this has been going on for 2 yrs now

PS have tryed another router still NG

Wow 2 years and you haven't called 1-800-VERIZON

to get someone out to check it out? I would start there.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the above poster said have you tried contacting Verizone about this issue?

When you say that the router is shutting down, are there any lights still on it? Also, what model is it, the Aciontec or the G1100 (Here is a picture for comparasin):

Also, do you have TV service? If you have internet only, you could use your own router instead of dealing with the Verizon ones, this may be a better option for you. 

kirkgost1

I cannot go into details but 10 phone calls have been made. A few calls just to check out and explained to verizon operator what was happening and I explained I was not at my second house and both times I was askd what lights are light on th efrount of the router. One time a verizon repair guy came to see what the problem was and the router was working so he could not do anything.

0 Likes
kirkgost1

The router is a gateway and looks like the actiontec. Lights are on but no light for connection to internet. Im using the verizon connection to stream TV

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kirkgost,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes