set top box
JonMallett

I recently tried to transfer my Verizon service to my new home. I assumed that all I would have to do was have the technician come out and wire us up. When he came, the technician brought a new set top box and router that were exactly the same as the old ones except for the serial numbers. I wanted to just keep the old ones, but was not allowed to do so. The technician was not able to take back the old ones with him for some reason. A cardboard box was sent by Verizon to allow me to return the equipment, but it was sent to my old address and was lost. The new box eventually arrived with a damaged bar code. USPS would not accept the box for return to Verizon. I was told that I could take the equipment to UPS and they would sort it out. I did so last week and they were actually able to use the box with the "damaged" bar code. 

Meanwhile, I was signed up for auto payments on my account and assumed evertything was taken care of. Today I recieved a notification that I need to pay some $600 or my service will be terminated. This included $350 for the equipment that has now been returned and two months of payments. It seems that my auto payment is no longer working at the new address. 

How is this a "transfer" of service? I might as well have started fresh with another company like Comcast.

I just spent over one hour being transferred from one agent to the next and still don't know what I have to do to avoid having my service terminated. I have now paid what I owe, but refuse to pay the $350 for the box that I have returned. It seems that any changes with Verizon take 30 - 60 days to show up. We live in an electronic age, but the fact that my old set top box is sitting is a Verizon warehouse will take up to 60 days to register!

I find this all very annoying!

0 Likes
Re: set top box
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: set top box
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no response, we have closed your case out. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes